• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Software voltage change??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GodCandy

Registered
I guess my question is can I get a piece of software that will allow me to adjust my core voltage sense the bios on my pos old board will not support those features. I have an old MSI k7t turbo v3 with an AMD 1400 (which is the hottest processor ever created at stock speeds). Anyway I am just looking for some way to fine tune those settings so that I can get the most speed and the least heat off of that chip.
Godcandy

Dont know about the older boards but some newer boards have it (mine for instance) and it is total crap. Doesn't work well, settings change on reboot, funky interfaces, poor reports. like for a while I used the software thing to test it and set the fsb to 135 (default 133) and it registered CPU speed at 1.2Ghz and temps at over 70C. computer then crashed shortly afterwards. checked system logs to find that the program caused a page fault and an incorrect address check (something like that) and killed the comp. Its now running at 145*12.5 through bios and jumper settings.

The morale of this story is, if there is software, it proly doesnt work worth beans.

Back