• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FINAL BIOS version 1004 is out for the A7N8X Rev. 1.xx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkaGoatMaster

Here is the list of changes:

A7N8X BIOS 1004
-Fix A7N8X system fails to resume from S3 when using ATI RADEON 8500DV AGP VGA card.
-Add "Dual Channel mode" or "Single Channel mode" string on POST screen.
-Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx
-Fix Win98 system shuts down fail if USB mouse legacy item in BIOS setup is enabled.
-Fix large data transfer failed under Win2K and WinXP with hard disks configured as RAID0.

A7N8X-DX Rev 1.04 & 1.06
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7N8X Deluxe

A7N8X non- deluxe
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7N8X

You're a quick guy.... Thank You...
Hopefully it will be better than the Beta (It's suppose to).

/Norrko

flashing after this post, will post results, before i couldnt get over 190fsb without stability problems...

ok so i flashed, that went fine, booted up, first boot try 9x200 @ 1.7vcore on xp2100 0250 aiuhb, my ram is xms3200llpt 2x256mb in dimms 1 and 3, i set ram voltage to 2.7, it wouldnt post... so i cleared cmos, booted up made my normal stock settings.. and saved and exit..... did post... stock settings, no oc.... powered down flipped the power supply switch waited 2 minutes, powered up.... it said my cpu was a 1500 and i was at 100fsb... -_-

Went into bios, everything was set the way i left it at stock settings 13x133 etc etc... discarded and exited without changing anything... booted up came here to post. IM dissapointed to say the least.. maybe i will play with it later.. right now i just want to play cs.

I just went from the 1004 beta to the final and it made no difference for my board FSB wise. I can post up to 201 but win2k goes BSOD early during boot at any setting 195+. It seems to be stable at 192. I can't figure how an official bios that's supposed to support 200FSB can't even make it into windows at that speed, yet the uber bios lets me run 210 24/7.

I flashed with this bios but my MB wont save the setting, allready changed the battery and the same thing. What is wrong , every time i change something i have to turn off the system and it will boot to the default.

Any suggestions?

Anyone happen to know where I could get an update for my Bios? I'm kinda new to my MB (had it 3 days :D), and from what I can tell, it says 1.002a. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I looked at the asus site, can't find much of anything for it. Any link would be appreciated, thanks :)

i flashed, everything went fine. I tried to go 200 FSB and it worked, booted into windows, froze few minutes later. had to reset comp and then windows did the disc check and then it rebooted. I got to post screen then everything went wrong. It would not go any further, it would just keep reseting after post screen so I flashed back and forth, long story short, had to format and go back to win2k, i hated xp anyways ;)

So now i doubt im gonna go to 1004 unless im convinced it was something stupid on my part :p.. btw whats BSOD? :eek: /noob question

Flashed to 1004. Now ram is recognized as dual channel 200. DDR 400..>:} NOticable diffenrence in speed. HOwever, a prior exisiting problem needs a lil clarity. Why doe it show the XP 2400 as a FSB 133?

BSOD = Blue Screen of Death

and it shows 2400+ with 133 because 2400+ is a 133 standard bus speed chip

I noticed my board will also show 2400+ as 12x166 but there was never a chip of that speed

great bios, i can now boot at 200 fsb but my psu is limiting my oc... before that i couldnt. i was using the 1002a. the system temp is f*ckud up now, the bug that was showing -1 mhz fsb is gone, i can now increase the ram voltage, i couldnt before... this is the bios a7n8x should be shipped with

Back