• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8K5A2+ usb fails over 166fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpaceRangerJoe

You can see my setup in my sig. I also have a microsoft usb keyboard. when my fsb goes over 166, my keyboard will not work until windows loads. i cant use the usb keyboard to get into the bios, or raid setup or anything like that. but when i get to the windows login screen, it works fine. at 166 or below, it works fine. so if i want to change anything in bios, i have to use a ps2 keyboard, which isnt a big problem i guess. i just leave one plugged in all the time, resting against the other side of my case. has anyone else had this problem, or know how i might go about fixing it? thanks.

im pretty sure i have the newest bios. last time i tried to flash my bios though, the chip died, and i had to get a new one from epox. the one they sent me had the newest bios on it i believe. ill check their website and my computer when i get home from work.

i run the same board anywhere from 166-174, right now @ 166 cuz i think my ram may be suffering from overvolt death. oopsie. at any rate, i've never seen any problems or wierdness from the mobo pushing it all the way to the limits of my pc2100, (apparantly 170ish. i'll have some pc3200 on the way and i'll edge my way towards 200 :D

good luck, and check that bios ver. #

J.

i have the 8k5a3+ and my usb keybaord doesnt work till windows if my computer isnt shutdown properyl before.. thats it, havnt tested it under 166 though...

I have the same board. My FSB stays at 212x9. I don't a USB keyboard, but I do use my USB ports, digital cameras, etc. No problems. It might be the keyboard you are using. Also, make sure you have the latest BIOS. :)

Back