• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soltek SL-75FRN2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ONE

Why does the Soltek SL-75FRN2 board keep going up? .....it's now $95 @ Goolgle and $99 @ Newegg, are they in short supply or are reailers just jacking up the price for a higher profit margin. That board could be purchased for around $70 a month ago.....almost up by 50 percent and they are the cheapest. Some retalers have jacked the price up by more than 50 percent.

Well take a look at what you're getting...

As far as the board goes, it's on par with the offerings from Asus, A-Bit, Epox, etc, and in some cases better!

99 IMO is a steal for this board. With the options it has (Nforce Ultra 400, RAID, 6chan sound, etc), and the performance in general, it is a much, much better deal than an equivelant board from another manufacturer.

I just ordered one of Newegg, and I've used the first revision of this board (w/out the RAID), and 99$ for this one is a steal.

So why the price going up? Soltek is not a big name when it comes to motherboards. I don't know many people that have heard of them. They initially sold the boards dirt cheap to build up a reputation. As that reputation and customer-base grows, the board's price goes up.

I wouldn't be suprised to see the board at 110$ or more before long. If what other people are saying is correct, Soltek is no longer selling boards to the US, which may also justify the recent price increase.

Bummer I was planning on getting 3 of them in two weeks......................I hope they last.:eek:

Don't worry, Newegg and Googlegear are probably getting their supply straight from Taiwan (I know Newegg is anyway).
It's an awesome board. -Lots of Abit and Asus fanboys bash on it, but it's just because they're jealous.. :rolleyes:

I just ordered a Barton 2500 to go with one of these boards, just could'nt pass it up @ $99 -- FTICOMPUTER.COM :cool:

As of just a few minutes ago, the only places left with stocks of either SL-75FRN2 motherboard were Googlegear, Iocombo, and MISRcorps. Better get moving! I hesitated on the SL-75FRN2-RL at Newegg this morning and it was sold out 3 hours later after I had made up my mind :mad:

I love mine, paid $93 on Googlegear a month ago. Now, if there was some way to up the voltages...

a quick question on this board, anyone having trouble getting the surround 5.1 sound output working correctly ? i can set up the windows settings to 5.1 speaker setup and teh advances sound options to output the rear to line in and center/sub to mic, but nothing except for the 6 channel wave file included with the nvidia drivers will play out through all the speakers.

adelphia83 said:
You serious? This board has all kinds of voltage adjustments...

It only allows up to 1.85 Vcore and 2.8 VDIMM, I would just like a little higher voltages.

Thanks CUTTER..............it's nice to know that we have another option, good price too and free shipping:D

Ground shipping

Take note, if you live on the East Coast and order whatever from California it takes ten days for regular ground shipping UPS or FedEx. Guess that's why newegg and googlegear offer the free second day air. Gets your purchase to you a week or so faster.

I wouldn't worry about the SOLTEK boards not being available in the USA. I notice newegg is sold out of them all right now. If they are that hot of a seller they'll make a way to get them. It's called marketing. Shoot, probably ninety of the computer stuff we buy is made overseas, so don't worry, if it sells they'll cut a deal and get it.

Back