• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit nf7-s v2.0 help with updating bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vietp13

yo jsut got this from new egg , and kind of new at mobo flashing so can someone give me some help ?

Did you look at the stick in this forum? If you did and still have question then you need to be more specific. We're glad to help but no need to repeat what has already been said. :cool:

oh doh lol sorry lol too excited to do anything else but to post, digg me lol ?

where can i get this AWDFLASH 8.23D much help would be appreciated

hey can i like reset the cmos if i fail to upgrade the bios ?

does it help when you screw it updating the bios though hehehe thast the question kekekeke sorry NOOOOBIE tis i

Not sure it will help if the bios are screwed up. I've not been in that situation so have no experience in this regard. Can you get the bios to the point you can try to reinstall again? Hit the ALT+F2 on boot. If not someone else will have to advise you.

well anyones still using hte default they gave and i tried overclockign this 1700+ tbred b dutc and it wouldnt post or anything kept have to reset my cmos and help ?

vietp13,

You might want to learn to use the search capability. It is one of the tool bars at the top and is a powerful info finder. I did a quick search on "bios corrupt" and got a number of hits. You might take a look at this thread. There maybe better threads somewhere but this'll get ya started. You can also use other search patterns that you think might help.

Good luck! :cool:

Whoever asked for the awdflash utility, you can find it on the driver CD that comes with the Abit boards, or do a search on google for it.

You can kill the BIOS chip. It is a very good idea to know what you are doing when flashing BIOS and be very careful.

There are several versions of the NF7-S mobos out. What it is telling you is not to use the bios in anything but the early versions (those were 1.0-1.2). If you've got the revsion 2 download from here.

By the way, you requested AWDFLASH. I don't use AWDFLASH, I just hit ALT+F2 during the boot when I flash.

also deep do i need to dl all those bios from 1.0- 1.2 to get it or just dl straight 1.2

Back