• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you use a AC compressor insted of a fridge compressor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FIRESTARR357

I am new to phase change cooling still learning all i can. I was wondering if i could use a AC compressor insted of a fridge compressor. Also whats the differance between the 2 and will i need to do any thing differant? Thx for the input for the newb lol

Well i dunno if this is dumb or not lol still trying to figure this out, could you use a Car AC compressor? also i need a guide that explains the way to hook all this up i went to phase-change but there guide did not explain everything i needed so does any one know where there is a better one , or post or suttin . thx guys

well I suppose you can use a car AC compressor but you will need quite a big motor to turn it. I wouldnt waste time messing with it, just find a compressor off a fridge or dehumidifier.

Well i went in the attic and i cut out the compressor from my old mini fridge, how ever i dunno but if i plug it in should it make some kind of noise or does it have to have refridgerant in it ? because i plugged it in and it did not make a sound? is it dead?

Yes it was. there where 2 wires when i took it out one to the plug and one that went in the fridge god knows where lol. So i cut the one that went into the fridge to get the compressor out. I did not think it matterd since it had a plug? could that be whats wrong? I dunno where the wire went but it went into the fridge so unless i smashed the fridge apart i could not see any way of getting it out and like i said the plug wire was fine?

Hey good looking man it worked i jumped them and bam it came on. Cool maybe i will do suttin with it too after all. Thx for the help guys :D

Back