• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ has angry PS2 ports

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mag22

Registered
I'm building an 8RDA+ with 1800+ Palomino (temporary till his JIUHB arrives) and oddly enough, the PS2 ports seem dead. When plugging the keyboard in, I get all three lights for a quick flash, but once it has POST'ed the keyboard and mouse are both unresponsive. Anyone else had any problems with this? Thanks :)

Did you disable them in bios... Well im not sure if you can on this board, but on other boards you can, I would reset bios and see what happens.

Yes, its common enough. I experienced this several times when I first got my 8rda+. Hasn't done it in a long while, not completely sure what I did to fix it. Seen a few threeads on the subject with a lot of theories expressed, but no definite solution. The faq over at 8rdafaq.com recommends disconnecting the power LED. Could be coincidence, but my keyboard problem did seem to go away around the time I did exactly that - moved it over to the turbo pins to improve brightness which is another tip. Who knows?

Thanks for the tip. That was my second 8RDA+ and the first performed flawlessly. I'm putting one together tonight also, and Monday yet again as the parts trickle in, so I'll know just how common this issue is!

The assembly last night went A-OK and the 8RDA+ was smooth as silk once again. I haven't been able to try the fix yet, the board that gave me trouble is 90 miles away at it's new owner's home running on USB keyboard and mouse. Mine comes Monday and I've got my fingers crossed. (Last night's OC 11.5 x 200 with 2 x 512 Kingston Hyper-X. Plenty more headroom too.)

Back