• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reboot at startup...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

OK, I'm very new to overclocking and I'm not even sure this is an overclock problem but here goes. I have a 7vaxp-ultra running with a 2800+ Barton and 512 megs 3200 ddr Crucial RAM. When I turn on my "Top Performance" it crashes before windows full boot and at the latest very shortly after windows boot. Any thoughts would be great, thanks.

I have an older Socket A Gigabyte board, 7DXR. It has been my experience (and I remember others reporting the same in these forums some time back) that the Top Performance setting is basically useless. I tried enabling it many times before I was completely convinced that it severely hampered system stability. I suggest you leave it Disabled.

Top performance will not necessarily give you good values for your setup. I'd say reset your CMOS and enter all your settings manually. This is the best way to set your CMOS and make sure you know what you changed prior to having something like this happen. As always, go slowly in your settings and only change what you are familiar with for the time being. If you want tips on what to set, let us know what you're confused with setting and we'll help you out. :)

As nerdlogic says, by using CTtrl+F1 on main BIOS page and then going to Chipset page you will see the extra mem timings.
Hood

Back