• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BETA Bios NF7's NO MORE CORRUPTION!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jesusphreak

hey guys abit released a beta bios today or yesterday that sixes SATA corruption issue and 90 - 95% of poeple are getting high hard drive scores again (mine are still low so i've got to tweak) but i am in the minority.
go here to check it out
http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=78954#post78954

ohh yea this bios also fixes the high readings on the temps
i can't believe no one has posted this here, well i shall spread the good news :D

ok im a sucker who trys anything and ends up reisnatlling 50 times a week for it. :(

ty for the link man thats good news!

http://fae.abit.com.tw/download/beta/nf7/v2.0/nf7d14b1.zip
is the link to the beta bios 1.4 this is for the rev2 mobo

rev1.2 and under is here.
http://fae.abit.com.tw/download/beta/nf7/v1.x/

going now to flash.btw ive not had corruptions since i flashed the SI controller bios manually but performance sux so hopefully this will help.

"edit" flash is done. temps are corrected and i back to 20c again :D
sata raid is a tad slower than even before. i tweaked my pci latency and no good, oh well.

Last edited:
wholy moly i flashed and now my temps are 10c lower on my cpu before the flash my temps were 41c now they are 30.5 anyone else get the same

gotta love the 300 mhz fsb to

Last edited:
Yeah I got a 20c CPU temp indicator drop too. It looks too good to be true. Is this accurate or are they just trying to make us feel better about cooking our CPUs.

I bumped it back up to 180/2000/1.5v. So far so good.

I tried disabling the APIC but it wouldn't boot into w2k. I guess you have to do that before you install your OS.

Audioaficionado said:
Yeah I got a 20c CPU temp indicator drop too. It looks too good to be true. Is this accurate or are they just trying to make us feel better about cooking our CPUs.

I bumped it back up to 180/2000/1.5v. So far so good.

I tried disabling the APIC but it wouldn't boot into w2k. I guess you have to do that before you install your OS.

Yeah the only way you can disable APIC is to have it done BEFORE you install your OS. You can however disable it if you repair it, but I'm not sure exactly how to do that...

Audioaficionado said:

on my particular comp i feel it was accurate, i would idle in mid 40's before and only upped voltage .05 (from 1.5, to 1.55) now it's mid 30's like that i feel that is closer to reality, i've don't some more OCing and now at 220 x 10 at 1.7 volts i idle right at 40 and load mid 40's, i see that as a very realistic number, more so than before.

upto 300mhz fsb option? woohooo! dont mean it will ever do it but i know a few guys at extremesystems.org who can use it.

when i stated im getting 20c in temps nows thats the correct temp it should be reading.i use refer h20 and it was reading 8-10c to high. my h20 temp is 9c :D so its correct reading now.

deathstar13, have you seen or had any problems using the Beta Bios. I'm about to flash with it, but I want to make sure that there aren't any problems.

i was getting 50c on warm days now it will only be in the 40c but when i had a probe touching the side of my core it was about 10c. lower then the cpu temp also does any one else use an external probe to take temps

SlowBurn said:
deathstar13, have you seen or had any problems using the Beta Bios. I'm about to flash with it, but I want to make sure that there aren't any problems.

It was scary as I've never flashed my BIOS before but I read all the instructions and made sure all the files were on the DR-DOS boot flash floppy I created from the image on Abit's site.

I rebooted and got into the BIOS and set floppy as first boot device as per Abit's instructions. Saved BIOS, popped the flash floppy in and rebooted.

Typed runme at the DOS prompt, followed the script, saved and shut down the computer.

Reset the EPROM on board via the pins by the battery.

Reboot, setup BIOS, save and you're good to go.

It was much easier than I'd hoped.

No bugs that I've detected so far.

Last edited:
i just copied all the files i downloded to a floppy anf pused alt f2 an it did it all by it self it wasnt even a bootable floppy

I had to revert after trying these on both a v1.2 and v2.0. Just setting the equivalent FSBs that I ran before prevented booting or locked the machine up. :-/

Hmmm...

I'm back up to where I was before and if anything, it's more stable.

Last edited:
Cúchulainn said:
I had to revert after trying these on both a v1.2 and v2.0. Just setting the equivalent FSBs that I ran before prevented booting or locked the machine up. :-/

*cough*

beeeta ;)

Cúchulainn said:

Same thing on my v2.0 board. Couldn't boot at equivalent FSB and voltages. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Did you reset your CMOS after the flash?

That new bios changes mem timings and other things. Did you write all your prior settings down before the flash to see what changed?

If you don't reset, all kinds of little things could be leftover to hamper your overclock.

Last edited:
when i did mine it left all my settings alone but it did clock it down i just had to go into bios and save it but it didnt change nothing

I flashed it today with the Beta BIOS and so far all looks good. My temps went down from 51 to 43, which is right for a change.

I hope this fixes the s-ata problmes too as i am looking at a new HD and will go for the Maxtor s-ata at the end of the month...

Only time will tell.

Back