• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Channel DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[M0F0]

Registered
I've recently brought an A7N8X-Deluxe motherboard its revision 1.06 & i'm running bios version 1004

i'm running 2x 256 pc3200 legend Ram and i can't run dual channel @ 166 Mhz or 200Mhz it blue screens b4 windows has finished loading

but i can run 200mhz on single Channel

anyone have similar problems ??

CAN U HELP ME :((

also running a 2000+ pally if it makes any difference

cheers
M0F0

try to lower your ram timings..and did you lower multiplier?..also make sure your agp frequency is locked @ 66mhz..could be the ram too..just my 3 cents ;)

atm i'm not actually overclocking

and i've tried relaxed ram timings when putting it on 166 and 200

just wondering whether or not its my ram.. coz atm i don't really have the cash to go get some corsair or mushkin

Can you run dual channel at 166 ?

Put them both in and start to bump it up till it wont boot. Then back it off a few, see if you can run winders stable then. Dual just wont run as high a fsb as a single. See what you can get with it.

Oh, and put ram voltage to 2.8

i had ram @ 2.7 but i'm gonna give it ago

after i try some more overclocking efforts

i don't think the Volcano 9 really does the trick

had my 2000+ & 1800mhz but the temps were getting up around 53 under load and thats with 1.800v

crashed once so i wanna try more

Try each stick individually and find out if you can boot at 200 with each one, maybe one bad stick is holding the other back. In single channel mode you might not be utilizing it, don't know what kind of tests you've done, so no error comes up. If that's the case see if you can return or exchange it if it's not too late.

Back