• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

L7S7A2 - finally stable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PDL

Seems the current setup is stable enough. Been running it all day and ran some burnin tests. No restarts or lockups at all.
But, it's not possible without some work. Like the 5A board, to get it OCed a lot, you have to do some mods.
Chipset mod - not sure it was necessary!
Added BP_FID4 control to get the lower multipliers on the 2100+ TBred cpu.
Added a mod to increase the Vcore to 1.78v
Flashed a modded bios to set the AGP to 77 MHz (this was necessary to get 200 FSB stable)
Also, I am running the memory at 180 and the CPU at 200 FSB. This is because the PC2700 memory seems to be maxed out and unstable at 200 MHz.

Bottom line....this board is not worth the trouble unless you like to tinker!:D

GJ PDL...I'm a little scared to do modding at the moment, heh. Maybe in a little while when I get some more experience.

I got a question about the L7S7A2's temp sensors. I keep getting low temps during a burn-in in Sandra. I've got some screens, and I will try to post, but its said everything from 29C, to 19C, and even 5C. Theres no way that it gets that low. Are your sensors reading temperatures right? Thanks.

There are some issues with the monitoring circuitry on SOME of the boards. Seems ECS stripped some components from later ones and it messed up the board's ability to correctly report some of the voltages. Mine seems to work most of the time. Remember that the SocketA does not have a thermistor in the center. This board relies on the cpu diode. I had a Palomino in mine at first and it could not read the diode.. if it had one!
Here is a screenshot of the 2 software programs I use. The MBM5 is the latest one, version 5.3.2.0 and the other is a shareware program that pops up a very annoying screen after a while until you register it. MBM5 should be all you need.
200X11.JPG

For some reason I couldn't get MBM to read the temps. I had tried it before you said something and I couldn't get it to work so I just deleted it. I know there must be something wrong with my temperatures though....I mean 5C while burning in? No way.

Back