• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rugbyroy

I just got an nf7-s v2.0 and I have a 1700 in it, and I tried to change the fsb and the multiplier and every time I do I cannot boot up. I have no clue what's going on here any help would be appreciated. BTW I have a hard time getting it to boot back up to the BIOS. I don't really know what I do to get it back working, but I reconnect the power cables and everything about a million times, then it just boots up for some strange reason, usually after about an hour or so.

I have the v 1.2 board but ours are pretty much the same you need to switch the cmos jumper located near the serial ata plugs on the mobo. You switch the jumper for about a minute then you put it back and then you can boot again. If you can't boot after that you might need to rma the mobo

alright that sounds good. I switched this mobo with my old asus a7n 266-c and it boots up right away. I am wondering if maybe there is something I should do with the the cmos or anything old from the asus mobo?

yes just like .05v or maybe the next step up. I have found that this board won't overclock unless you have your ram timmings turned up quite a bit. Just keep that in mind as you keep going.

Back