• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox MOSFET cooling question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hughhefner

Playboy Wannabee
Hello everyone, I am getting ready to assemble my next Overclockers SETI rig and am currently adding all the extra COOLING goodies to help this Motherboard to hit new FSB HIGHS!! MOSFET or it MOFSET heck how bout "Bobafet"-- anyway-- I have these nickel plated ram sinks from OC system that will fit over 2 "Bobafets" at the same time, since there are 6 "Bobafets" to cool, I would be using only 3 of the ram sinks..
Questions:

1. Is it OK to cover more than 1 "Bobafet" with the same sink.
2. Can the Ramsinks "TOUCH" any of the surrounding capacitors or do they have to be insulated from the metal parts around them.

Thanks in advance

I'm also installing active northbridge cooling

1. It's fine. I had to do the exact same thing with mine, since I used the exact same RAMsinks. No problems, just make sure to spread them out so as much metal as possible contacts each MOSFET.

2. The capacitors are covered with vinyl and very well insulated, so yes, the RAMsinks can touch the capacitors too.

The only thing to be careful of is the adhesive you use. If it's electrically conductive, like Arctic Silver, keep it away from the MOSFET legs. If it's insulative like Arctic Alumina is, no worries there either.

Mr. Paycheck it seems I've help from you before--thanks again..
The 3 choices for adhesive that I currently have are:
1. The sticky tape that the ramsinks came with.
2. The 2 -part artic SILVER
3. The 2 part red and green stuff that came with My Zalman passive northbridge cooler...

Any recommendations

the sticky tapes should work just fine, that's what i'm using, others may use the glue type thing, which probably help about a couple degree, but to me as long as you put some kind of heatsink on there you're good to go.

Yeah, the tape will work. It's not as critical as a CPU HSF or anything. I used Arctic Silver adhesive to put mine on but I was very careful to not use too much, and to not squish it out the side onto the legs.

Hughhefner said:
Mr. Paycheck it seems I've help from you before--thanks again..
The 3 choices for adhesive that I currently have are:
1. The sticky tape that the ramsinks came with.
2. The 2 -part artic SILVER
3. The 2 part red and green stuff that came with My Zalman passive northbridge cooler...

Any recommendations
I cut apart an old pentium passive heatsink , i made them large enough to cover two then used thermal cpu pads & it worked out fine. i posted a thread about temp readings i took with a lazer temp gun when i get some good pic's ill post it . also check out 8RDA.com they have alot of good info, good luck!

Back