• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf-s v2.0 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vietp13

ok i tried overclocking but fail to boot reset cmos then boot up and say i have 1100 the overclocking failed any help should i update bios before i overclock or what ?

the

motherboard defaulted to 100FSB with the CMOS clearing after the clocking nogo.

you have to enter the bios and reset stuffs in softmenu and other areas, depending on your preferences.

also, the clock you were going for may be attainable with a slight boost in the voltage to the CPU.

give it a try the next time you go for it.

baldy

:D

up the vcore a little and ram ? what about the dividers and such

There are no divisors as this mobo has the PCI locked at 33MHz no matter what you set everything else to. Much better :D

You can overclock the AGP independantly too. :clap:

hey im REALLY NEW to overclocking please help me out.. tell me what to do with this board im SOOO FRIGGIN LOST everything from voltage to all i have tbred dutc3 1700+

vietp13 said:
hey im REALLY NEW to overclocking please help me out.. tell me what to do with this board im SOOO FRIGGIN LOST everything from voltage to all i have tbred dutc3 1700+

Do a forum search for any question and then read the posts. Once you've done that and your questions haven't been answered, feel free to ask.

Here're some links that might help.

Flashing BIOS

Overclocking Tbred-Bs

Memory

Read the stickies too as they often address FAQs on this forum.

alrdy did all those i need some pro help it wont post at 140 so i have reset cmos and such HELP i too wanna overclock could i have gotten crappy mobo its nf-s v2.0 though

oh ok i jsut had cpu interface enable i heard someonewhere on forumes you have to have some sort of spread spectrum disable can anyone clarify ? and memory im running is ocsystem pc3200

vietp13, give us a complete list of your hardware, operating system, BIOS configurations, etc.

So far we're all just shootin' in the dark.

right system is

abit nf-s v2.0
1700+ tbred dutc3
ocsystem ram 3200 cl2
80gb maxtor
creative dvd drive
32xgeneric burner
400watt psu genric
mx440 vid card

and havent done anything in bios but try some fsb btw i did not engable the cpu interface thing, and what about the spread spectrum crap ?
OS XP

Sorry, I've been offline rebuilding my OS installations after server 2003 hosed 'em.

Try the failsafe or resetting the CMOS. Then see if you can boot into your OS. If it fails, tell us what the error says.

If you can get into windows then try just changing your fsb to 166 and don't mess with anything else to see if you can hold those settings before changing too many BIOS parameters.

before we start should i like turn disable anything i mean i manage to get boot at 1.6ghz from 1.43 today... so it cant be motherboard right ?

I'd just reset it and start slowly one item at a time so when you fail, you'll know what didn't work. If you just start changing everything at once, you're in for lots of disappointment.

Set the fsb at 166 x 11. memory at optimal. stock voltage.

After that, try 180 fsb. If not then up the voltage to 1.6 and try again.

Even if you get into windows and everything seems ok, watch for instability, lockups, OS scanning HD for errors frequently as a sign you need to slow it down a little.

Not every cpu will be a dream overclocker. Some are cherries among cherries. Others can be more normal with a twist of lemon.

Back