• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X-DLX 1004 Bios is DAMN GOOD!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Atari

Hey all,

Wanted to let yah know if yah havent installed this bios then do so. I upgraded from 1002a and my max FSB was 202mhz.. Anything above 205 would be very unstable. So far I'm running 207mhz stable! I havent tryed higher since I wanted to burn it in a while before going higher but so far i'm really impressed. I honestly thought that my board would never hit this FSB speed stable without some kind of volt mod to the chipset. Anyways so far everything seems to be running smooth so if you were worried about upgrading to it then this should ease your mind a bit. So far alot of happy reviews from nforcershq also.

I'll report tomorrow nite with some final results of what I can get out of it.

Specs

A7N8X DLX rev. 1.04 (currently testing at 207mhz fsb)
Pc3500 Corsair Platinum 1x512 (2-2-2-6) (will try 2-2-2-4 l8r)
AMD XP2100+ currently at 22xxmhz (normally 24xxmhz but testing fsb)

Yea I had the same...I went from 186 to 204 stable...I want to go higher so will try it now.

At least it works, 1003 was crap, nothing but reboots from it. I havent had any problems with this one yet.

Jim

Ok done all the testing and managed to reach 211FSB which I find amazing for PC2700 Corsair ram! Really happy about this seeing as previously I could only get 186FSB. Well Played ASUS!

ok, with 1002uber i got 205FSB no prob, no modification to the nb heatsink...was i just lucky? or did i end up with some board rev. other than 1.04, which it is labled as. I am going to flash to 1004 tomorrow, so, i wonder if i will get 215 or 220, or something ^_^

ok i got corsair pc3000 ram and cant get past 143, what gives. i have 2400+, rev 1.0xx Running all votages at stock voltage, afraid to up voltage until i get info back. my cpu temp at load is 42c. I want to be cool like the rest of you and get at least 166 or something until i get more understanding of whats really going on. Also when I drop multipier to say 166x10 i still cant boot. bios is in my sig .

Sounds like your processor is locked to me. you can't change your multiplier at all, otherwise it won't boot. Your ram doesn't seem to be holding you back. I'm not sure if they make pali 2400's, but if it is a palimano, that could be what is setting you back. They don't OC well. What type of HSF do you have?

LOL, Dudes its a t-bred revB. I done the forum research i have the aiuhb 030 4wpiw i belive thats what i recall looking at on the chip. to tired to continue. thanx for trying. gonna try the uber bios tomorrow.

Nolo31 said:
Sounds like your processor is locked to me. you can't change your multiplier at all, otherwise it won't boot. Your ram doesn't seem to be holding you back. I'm not sure if they make pali 2400's, but if it is a palimano, that could be what is setting you back. They don't OC well. What type of HSF do you have?
I'm new to these nforce motherboards. As for the Palomino cpu's, does that mean they will give you no advantage/speed increase if you upgrade to one of these nforce motherboards?

The AIDA32 program says my AMD 2100 cpu is a Palomino cpu.

I had been thinking of upgrading to an nforce motherboard, but if I won't gain any speed, I probably won't waste the money then, at least not until I upgrade the cpu again. But can't afford that now.

Thanks for any reply.

I agree. THe 1004 bios has done wonders. I haev 2 x 512 EXM Corsair memory and prior to the rev. I could not get anything but 200fsb. NOw I am getting 200 in dual channel mode. I would like to try and get the 217 but can not find the settings?? Weird, I seen it before the change of bios rev. NOw I dont or I am blind form this speed.. lol

jonjay said:
Ok done all the testing and managed to reach 211FSB which I find amazing for PC2700 Corsair ram! Really happy about this seeing as previously I could only get 186FSB. Well Played ASUS!

If your FSB reached 211, did your ddr333 memory reach 422mhz without trouble? What about memory timings?

I'm very interested in this. Please reply. Thank you.

Mito

Back