• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7N8X Deluxe and pc3500 DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ST0NE

Registered
I'm gonna upgrade mobo and Ram today to "Asus A7N8X Deluxe and pc3500 DDR" are they compatiable out of the box.. Meaning with no mods or tweaks ?

Also It seems Asus A7N8X Deluxe is a pretty good overclocker and my existing a7v333 mobo is giving me hell at higher fsb ... My question is: Is there another great overclocking mobo out there that is clearly better then the Asus A7N8X Deluxe ? Money not a big concern. Raid would be great :p

My existing set-up in sig, thanks for any suggestions guys and gals ;)

I have PC3500 2x512 sticks. SInce the latest Bios, it has made a considerable diffenrece. It now recognizes dual channel mode. Holy Doo doo, it be a rocker.. finally..
GO for it man, In fact I am going to oc a lil ove rthe niext few days top see hwo things go. I have doine 217 x2 and it was kinda shaky. Backed down to 210 and seems to be better.

Thanks for the feedback Skydiver39 ;) I got the "Asus A7N8X Deluxe rev. 2.0" and dual 256 pc3500 and got it all set-up to only find that my board was DOA :( I will return it monday and give it a go :p

you might wanna pop the NB heatsink offa there, scrape off the freaking chewing gum thermal interface (use q-tips and mineral spirits too) and then apply some good arctic silver 3 to get the most out of that pc3500 ram.
before i did that, i was only able to get up to 197fsb.... immediately following the as3, 200 was a piece of cake.

haha Hey i noticed you had a celery in your stable. I had two at one time and they clocked nicely. IN fact, I have one stiil that I gave to my niece adn it is a 300 cel clocked to 450 and still runs very stable several yeayrs later. Then I pulle dout the old 533a cel and I have it clocked to 822 and it runs great as well.
That my mothe rin law has. Anyhow, the cels at one time were the only way to go. now its not much more for a chip of the same speed. lol

Back