• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sparks are bad rite?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikeonatrike

Ok so im a little anoyed with my a7n8x rev 1.04 board 210 fsb max. Read up on the pencil trick and got the nerve to try it today without a multimeter. I figure the guy could not get more then 1.7 volts anyways. SO here i am, trying to get itstable 215 fsb. No good, turn off comp, pull power pencil somemore, no good. Turn off again, pencil somemore. HOLY CRAP IT STARTED!!!! hahaha i forgot toe unplug the power!!!! I shorted the litle resiter . IM LIKE OMG

I was so scared. i turn it bak on, it booted! yes!!! awesome.
But wuts this error? not turned off proper on the post screen? lol...go into bios check evrythin out, its good :D but when i go to post again...nothing but beebs and lights flashing AHHHH SHES TOAST!!!

Wait, trusty cmos reset :D :D alls well lol and i was rly ****en my self cuz i asked the guy i got the board from if i could return it a month ago and he said not without a reason. I m like....oh crap hes gonna think i fried it on purpose, im out 200bucks!!

but, tis good, tis good

Back