• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD with 600MHz FSB ??? IS IT POSSIBLE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreammmatt

I saw Asus say that the 1004 for the Rev. 2.0+ A7N8X Deluxe Boards will allow up to 300MHz FSB (300 double pumped to 600).......is this possible? they 'are' using a new northbridge, so.....

-what do u think/have u seen a 1.xx board can get up to?

-what do u think/have u seen a 2.xx board can get up to?

---he he he, a 600MHz FSB is exactly what AMD needs to slam the new P4....

But thats the beuti of nforce boards, dual channel, so u can run ur mem at wutever it can handle and still have bandwidth to boot

dreammmatt said:
I saw Asus say that the 1004 for the Rev. 2.0+ A7N8X Deluxe Boards will allow up to 300MHz FSB (300 double pumped to 600).......is this possible? they 'are' using a new northbridge, so.....

-what do u think/have u seen a 1.xx board can get up to?

-what do u think/have u seen a 2.xx board can get up to?

---he he he, a 600MHz FSB is exactly what AMD needs to slam the new P4....

i dont doubt the bios will. But i bet the chipset wont;)

Highly unlikely - they're having a hard enough time stretching the EV6 design to 200.

If they could really run a 600FSB with a AMD chip, not only would they crush Intel, but then they would be able to sell high powered chips at super-low prices, which would be great for all of us.

I have a feeling that 300 isnt far in the future for NVIDIA, lol - - why else would there be "theoredical" support for 300, if an actual official support wont be down the line?

that doesnt mean anything though.the bios for my ECS K7S5a has had the option for 200mhz fsb since before the beggining of time itself. Still doesnt mean the board will ever do it. its just an option, that's all.

let me clarify what i meant by down the line, i was thinking something like an updated NFORCE2 or NFORCE3 that can rip up the pavement to 300 - like, KT400's said they could do 200, but, well, they couldnt, but i bet that the KT400A's can, or can with new BIOS, or something - - i am just using the existence of a 300MHz option as proof that there are people tinkering with the thought at nVidia, or at least Asus

Back