• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOYO-K7VTA-B & Tbred B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

7keys

I just tried my 1700+ Tbred B in my friends SOYO-K7VTA-B and it fired right up. After playing with the multipliers for awhile we managed to get it running at 22 times 100 = 2200. Not bad for a Kt133 chip set.

I blew the 2nd 3rd and 5th L3 bridge, then played around with the multipliers to find the one I wanted.

wow thanx, i have a kt333 board, and cant get it unlocked...will have to try that you have a guide anywhre?

Here is a great guide. I hooked wires up to my power supply and at the end of each wire I attached a sewing needle, you might have to scrape the bridge a little as there seems to be a light coating on it. I had to cut it to 14 as 13 didn't seem to give higher multipliers.

I have done this on a couple of CPU’s without any problem. I keep hearing of people cutting the bridge too deep and destroying their CPU but have yet to hear of anyone having a problem this way. Some also use a 9 volt battery.

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/socketa/tbred_painting.html

You can do the same thing by putting small wires between the holes in the socket. I have tried this also, it works without having to operate on your CPU.

here

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

Last edited:
Hey! You can also do it on the back of the motherboard. If you have a "rear window defoger kit" it is a lot easer from there, but you have to take your motherboard out.

Good luck! let me know how things worked out for you.

well i have that kit but i dont like using it unless i have to, i can solder BTW and have joined 2 connectors but it didnt do anything...(i read about it somewhere im 99% sure i did the right 2 i even realized that you need to do mirror image or else you will screw something up. Anyways i would try that but right now im selling my cpu till i get more money, and don't want to risk it on my 2100+ but im definately going to buy a new cpu after i get back from the beach, thanx ;)

hi....which version of bios were you using on that k7vta-b?
You had any special configuration (besides the CPU unlocking).
what about the CPU voltage....the board is designed for thunderbirds, that required higher voltages....

It´s amazing that board can handle a 22X multiplier!

Could you please give more detailed info...i want to try that on my board but i dont want to buy a new CPU and then find something going wrong....i´m very, very short in money!

thanks!

WELLCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Boy.... this thread sure rose from the dead.

He had flashed the board with latest bios…whatever bios that was I don’t remember.

Your board can run a tbred you don't have to doubt that......But you will have to find an unlocked one as of week 39 you can’t blow the bridges or use the wire mod to modify multipliers.

Read this thread, you are going to have the same results as these guys with the Abit KT7 which is based on the same chipset. Asus AV7 users also had the same results.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158672

Last edited:
well....first thanks 7keys!

I bought a 2000+ (couldnt find a 2100+) and, after upgrading to the latest bios (note that 2AA4 wont work) i booted at 1250(100*12.5). I will try the 5th L3 bridge pin workarround to set the multipliers to high and see if i can get to 20 or 22.
I hope getting it working, as it is a AIHUB chip with the 27 ath the 8th and 9th digits...

I was wandering...why did you
"blew the 2nd 3rd and 5th L3 bridge,"

for what i was able to understand from my readings you only needed to blew the 5th...am i right?

I have some problem with Sisoft Sandra 2002,it resets the computer or gives a BSOD when running CPU or Multimedia Benchmark....any clues? Everything else seems rock solid....been playing CoD for a while, runing stability tests...

I will post my progress....long live to the kt133!

Thats great!

Can you change the lower multipliers now? you should be able to..only they will be rearranged.

Well, I had an Abit KT7A at the time and I had to get at least 13 to open the higher multipliers....but 13 wouldn't work on the KT7A for some reason so I went for 14. It was only after I got it set up in my board that I tried it in my friends SOYO-K7VTA-B.

If you only cut the 5th L3 you will still only get lower multipliers.

Ok...im a bit frustrated and looking for help now
I cant get the thing to more than 12.5x100
I cant even change the low multipliers, im stuck at 12.5
When i change the multiplier the machine is a blank screen.

Now, i made a motherboard modification (to avoid messing with the CPU) that should set the 5th bit to high, just as cutting the bridges. And it posted once at 20x100, but only once....then it kept booting at 12.5.....the mod is reported to do it´s job in plenty of places, so it should work.

I know it is not the mod, as i tested it and im sure it is OK

What bothers me most is that even befor e the mod, i wasn´t able to change the multipliers (the CPU has all the L1 bridges closed from factory, so i guess it is unlocked right?). I have an athlon perfectly unlocked and all the multipliers work

It seems to me some timing problem...but cant really tell...

any ideas....?

7keys, do you remember the multiplier you used for your friend?

Like I said, you have to set the multiplier to 13 or higher to open the higher multipliers. 14 worked for us but 13 might work.

Just play around with it, have fun! You will get it, it took me awhile to get it set up like I wanted.

Back