• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Am New To This - Swiftech Mcx4000-t

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tutrinh

Hi,
I read in Swifnets site, this MCX400-T is a way to go if you can't afford watercooling .
My questions for all of you are
1. I am new to this, I am planning to AIR COOL my P4 using MCX4000 but I can get a very good deal with MCX400-T ( ~10 more ). I wonder if you can use this with regular power supply?? because it is thermo electric.
2. Would it do a better cooling than MCX4000 significantly?
thanks.

This block along with all thermoelectric SwiftTech blocks uses the 226W pelt which requires 24amps in order to run. You will need a power supply completely dedicated to the pelt module and all PSU's I've seen that put out 24amps are at least $100.

I had planned to go for the thermo-electric version of the MCX4000 but found it not suitable. The fan (even if you put up a Tornado/Delta) will not cool it down. You better go for the water cooling along with the thermo electric version.

Back