• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can i turn up my AGP from 66MHZ to 99?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vkvenom

Hi, any 1 know how to turn up my bus speed on the AGP from 66 to 99 MHz aon a A7V8X board

Answer is most likely no. you would never boot running that freq. Thats why Abits have pci/agp freq locks not sure I think Asus has it too so that it will not hurt your OCing

WOW - who is their right mind thinks they can run at 99MHz? my friend...although a 33MHz overclock may be pennies-and-dimes for CPU's........when the stock frequency is only 66MHz.......lol, that is most likely to raze ur poor little card in a nice bright, smelly, instant of flaming silicon and metal !_! lol

NOTE: IF ANYONE "CAN" DO 99MHz....please say so, so i can have a good laugh at your outrageous claim - unless...for unforseen reasons...it is possible....

lol

well not 99 sorry for the mistake, but what is safe for ati cards ? lol

You can't adjust the AGP frequency on A7V8X... The only thing that change the AGP is if you raise the FSB. You see the 33,34... speed next to FSB speed. Take that value and multiply by 2 and you get the AGP speed.

/Norrko

ok i got it lol . my 9800 does'nt like more than 70 Mhz bus speed

I have a GeForce2 that will run at 87 MHz forever, but that's an AGP 2.0 card, Try that with an AGP3.0 (8X) and your asking for trouble.

Let's see, you normally get a guarantee of about 10% so 66 + 6.6 = 72.6.

Paul.

I have a question. In tmy bios it shows the AGP MHZ settings to where I can adjut them. AAWhat is the default setting for a ATI 9500PRO 128 mb Radeon? What would be a good setting for voltage and MHZ without messing it up. I am getting on a tight budget these days and so I am taking it lighter than my usual , burn and go attitude... lol

66.66666666666 (usually rounded to 66) is the default clock speed for the AGP bus.

1.5 Volts is the default voltage for AGP 3.0

You can generally do a 10% bump without expecting anythaing bad to happen.

haha good question. Aslo do i do a 10% bump on voltaqge and agp mhz
If so trhen the settings would be
72.6 mhz (73)
1.61 voltage? (1.60)

axhed said:
would a 10% bump in agp speed equal a 10% bump in 3dmark?

Who really cares?

3dmark is pointless, it's easy to cheat, and it applies not to a single real application on the planet.

Does having a high 3dmark really achive anything?

Will it make the girls swoon?
Will it make employers beat a path to your door?
Will it add fame and fortune to your life?

Pointless, that's what 3dMark is.

You may see a 2-3% increase in peformance in some application if you overclock the AGP bus. The only time you would see a performance increase is during bus transfers, I.E. loading textures, etc.

Paul.

pauldriver said:

Who really cares?

3dmark is pointless, it's easy to cheat, and it applies not to a single real application on the planet.

Does having a high 3dmark really achive anything?

Will it make the girls swoon?
Will it make employers beat a path to your door?
Will it add fame and fortune to your life?

Pointless, that's what 3dMark is.

You may see a 2-3% increase in peformance in some application if you overclock the AGP bus. The only time you would see a performance increase is during bus transfers, I.E. loading textures, etc.

Paul.

I totally agree with you.. My stupid brother try to achieve the highest possible 3Dmark, for what reason? Wow... he's got 200+ FPS.. Why? The monitor only shows 75 of them anyway...

/Norrko

Back