• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rugbyroy

I have my nf7-s v2 and for some reason everytime I try to overclock my 1700 it won't boot up at all. I go to save the bios after I up my fsb or multiplier and it just freezes up and doesn't save. any clue what to do? I tried upping my Vcore to 1.525 and that didn't seem do do anything. thanks for any input

rugbyroy said:
I have my nf7-s v2 and for some reason everytime I try to overclock my 1700 it won't boot up at all. I go to save the bios after I up my fsb or multiplier and it just freezes up and doesn't save. any clue what to do? I tried upping my Vcore to 1.525 and that didn't seem do do anything. thanks for any input

Try using some real Vcore...1.75v is a good starting point. Also, it helps when overclocking to not use generic Power Supplies & use Ram that is known to overclock decent.

Hammer

what are the settings you are trying...and I can run up to around 2.1+G before I have to up my Vcore from default (1.5v) on my 1700 DLT...

I was using the cpu/ram settings at auto or something, and I changed it to 3/3 and it worked. I upped my vcore to 1.55 and now it's overclocked to 2.2, but when I put it up to 180 X 12.5 it won't boot up. I think this might be because I need more vcore, as my generic psu is only putting out 1.52 -1.54 volts (it fluxuates between the two, no matter what I set it on) I think this is the problem I'm having. My generic ram is running at 328 right now I have no clue if that's good I don't really know anything about ram. I tried to set it for anything lower than a 1/1 ratio and it won't boot up at all. thanks for the input!

The Vcore finally decided to go up to about 1.5 now so I was able to bump up my fsb to 189 *12.5. It wasn't very stable and crashed at 191. I have it stable at 184 *12.5 now. I am sort of thinking that my generic RAM @ 3/3 ratio and my psu are the problems. I'll probably get a 350 watt Fortron. I've heard they are very stable, and I think I might get ram later this summer. 2.31ghz isn't bad for now with what I have. The only reason I have my Vcore up so high is because It doesn't seem to be able to be steady at lower voltages for some reason, I'm guessing due to my psu.

Back