• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda vs 8rda+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wiz4rd

I have the system below in my sig. My ram tops out at 194, just can't go higher, I see people all voer the place getting 220 with this ram, should I have gotten the + version of this board?

Also the board is stock, no modifications.

alot of people have done the VDD mod to get 220+ on the + version...the + and non still use the same NB...my old 8RDA+ would only top out at 193FSB DC without any mods...

If you do not have the new A1 or the older A3 stepping NB, even the A3 wont all do 200FSB...mine was a A3...but odds are you wont be able to achieve 200FSB without doing the VDD mod...

Looks like I have the A2 revision, can someone point me to a place showing how to do teh voltmod, I hear there are a few different methods, I'm a total noob so whichever method is safest would be my best bet, I want to take advantage of this killer ram I got.

Also when I go over 194 and play a game my screen freezes up, is this the tipical tell tail signs of needing a vdd mod? I run my vdimm at 2.66 or stock.

Back