• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ga-7vax = Poor Overclocker?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gazzrawly

MAX O/C with EVERY CPU i put in this board is around 150FSB give or take even with my new 1700 0.13umeven will full VC. its not my ram etc etc its all aspec just this board is a bag o BLAHHHHH!

Its probably that your PCI/AGP is becoming unstable above 150FSB. Have you tried setting the FSB to 166 to get the 1/5 divider working then you should be able to get 180 or so on the FSB.
Hood

I thought those scores you were getting were a bit odd..

Even only using the 1/5 divider, I can still get mine to about 172 FSB, and I'm pretty sure it's only my RAM that gives in there (it's PC2100).

Question though: Is there any other way to get 166 FSB than by joining the two connections next to the FSB jumper, and can that be done by pencil?

If you check retail prices on GA-7VAX's they're actually quite high (surprisingly in my opinion). You could probably foist it on ebay and by an NF7-S or 8RDA+ for only £10-15 extra.

Or at least, that's what I'm planning on doing :) Better overclock in exchange for LAN, Raid and a whole bunch of other things I never use? Sounds good to me.

Back