• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For Soltek owners who got the 75FRN2-L cheap be happy!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Blew me away!

WOW! That really blew me away because I thought Soltek was getting it in gear to give the other big MoBo boys a run for their money.

I have the SL-75MRN-L, Athalon XP 2000+, OC'd 2171MHz and love it, great CPU-MoBo combo. Maybe I ought'a go buy me a spare while they're still around. The board got rave to excellent reviews and for the price it's a good deal. Gues you never know . . . . OldBird

i bought mine at $75 bucks off new egg, now it is like 25% higher in cost =)

Very nice MoBo.

I used a much more expensive $150. big name board in my first one and decided to build a second 'puter. Read the rave reviews & tech tests on Soltek boards and decided to try one.

Had my 75MRN-L a few months now and no problems. Running Athalon 2100 downgrade 2600 @ 2166MHz it became a bit unstable so I loaded the default BIOS & restarted. Next I set the fsb 166, memory to Auto and stable like a rock now. Pretty cool making two adjustments in the BIOS and OC'ing a 1733MHz 2100 to 2166MHz. 512MB Cruical RAM.

I'm not a gamer but for everyday use the on board video and audio is fantastic so didn't have to spring for a video card. Yup, for $96. (newegg) it's a honey of a MoBo and from here on I'm hangin' with Soltek. Love the cool "Golden Flame" color to. Wonder what Soltek will come out with next?
OldBird

WOW! How time does fly when you're havin' fun . . .

Been a long time since I made the first post but happy to say the old Soltek still hummin' right along and not the first sign of a problem. Never flashed the BIOS either, same as it came in the box new from Newegg.

wow this thread is back from the dead.

I'm still running my Soltek 75-FRN2-RL in my primary computer, and needless to say, I haven't had a single problem with it. It will be a year old in May.

I did have to flash to an "overclocking" BIOS, which Soltek happily E-Mailed to me, in order to run RAM sync past 224mhz.

adelphia83 said:
wow this thread is back from the dead.

I'm still running my Soltek 75-FRN2-RL in my primary computer, and needless to say, I haven't had a single problem with it. It will be a year old in May.

I did have to flash to an "overclocking" BIOS, which Soltek happily E-Mailed to me, in order to run RAM sync past 224mhz.

Tight Tight , I may be trying to get another one of these soltek boards . I have since moved to an A64 and in between I used an NF7-S and Epox 8RDA+, then Shuttle AN35N, the Soltek ranks right up there easily.

I may be pm'ing you for that overclocking bios...should I end up being able to grab a rev D

CK

Cisco Kid said:

Tight Tight , I may be trying to get another one of these soltek boards . I have since moved to an A64 and in between I used an NF7-S and Epox 8RDA+, then Shuttle AN35N, the Soltek ranks right up there easily.

I may be pm'ing you for that overclocking bios...should I end up being able to grab a rev D

Here in Vanvouver BC, Canada, ncix.com has exclusive rights to Soltek for Canada, and I had bought the SFF 3702, and I must say it was an excellent mini

CK

Re: Soltek .....

huneycutt said:
If you think Slotek boards ain't hot, go see, . . . they *stay* sold out at newegg.

The refurbs sell out QUICK too. Was lucky to get this great
Overclocker for $44. Came with everything too. :)
They were all sold out just a few hours later.

Not only that, the Soltek FRN2 boards are selling for over
$100 at eBay. One even went for over $160. But I think that's
because two sellers got into a bidding war.

Back