• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

heavy sigh ! :-(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Madmike2

Well , after 4 days of trying i am about to shoot my comp with a pellet gun. I did what i was told and searched this board and australia for info on my config and all and found nada.

I have the Msi K7N2-L with a 2200 xp tb 3200 samsung ddr ram and the upgraded bios. All that adds up to butkis :-( ...i did what all you all have explained in here many times over the last couple days ... and here is what happens. No matter what i set the system to it NEVER goes past 1804. with fsb 133 .

I have set FSB at 166 and clock at 10 and it will show as slow on 3dmark but 1800 in bios...i put it at 133 and 13.5 and it was 1800 in bios and something else in 3dmark. I put it in Performance mode and did it up and still saw no change.. i can clock it down but not up. Does this mean it is locked? I would be extremely grateful if someone has this board and any chip similar to mine if they would briefly in some detail explain to me and anyone like me what it is we are doing wrong or better still 5 or 6 steps to do it right. I will cough up my EQ account for the info :-( ..

Many thanks from me and my boy if someone can do this...i am looking more and more like an idiot screaming at an inanimate box every 30 minutes :p

Michael

Try downloading the free version of sandra from http://guru3d.com and then run the performance tests and look at the hints, it will ussualy give a person some hints as to whats actualy happening. Stupid question but when you finish setting the options in your bios are you saving it, ie hitting F10, selecting yes and then enter? If so when you restart is the bios staying changed on the start up screen?

I have the same board (see sig) And it works fine. first of all, have you unlocked your chip yet? if not, then do so. I unlocked mine and found that the stock multy of 11.5 was the best for me:rolleyes: . But it did allow me to gain a few Mhz. I have the board set to manual and have my [email protected]=2185Mhz. Vcore is set @1.8 and is the only thing other than better n/b cooling that is holding me back from 200fsb(my opinion). I have the mem set to performance and maxed out the vdimm. Mem ratio is 1:1 or 5:6 depending on my mood and the mood of the computer. All of this is done using air. Try these settings and let me know:D

Back