• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new 1004 bios temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mambo

Has anyone else had a dramatic drop in MB temp readings since updating to this version

my Mobo temp now reads 11C when it was around double that before flashing

Mine reads about 6-7c lower than before, its wrong, cause I know it's not that cold in my room and the temp would definately be a few degrees higher in the case.

Ive been using the Asus Probe alot but I have found that it reads alot different than the Bios.

Current ambient temp is 74F

Current Reading From Asus Probe
CPU Temp 40C/104F
MB Temp 26C/78F

Current Reading From Bios
CPU Temp 55C/132F
MB Temp 26C/78F

as you can see there is quite a variation in CPU temp. Im inclined to believe ASUS Probe. At 55C/132F my heat sink would be on fire and its quite cool to the touch. Bottom line I hope they fix this CPU reading in Bios 1005

Sink

Last edited:
Sinkhole said:
Ive been using the Asus Probe alot but I have found that it reads alot different than the Bios.

Current ambient temp is 74F

Current Reading From Asus Probe
CPU Temp 40C/104F
MB Temp 26C/78F

Current Reading From Bios
CPU Temp 55C/132F
MB Temp 26C/78F

as you can see there is quite a variation in CPU temp. Im inclined to believe ASUS Probe. At 55C/132F my heat sink would be on fire and its quite cool to the touch. Bottom line I hope they fix this CPU reading in Bios 1005

Sink
The bios reads the ON DIE reading in the CPU (if yours supports that, XP or later) and the probe stricly reads the socket. If your CPU is an XP or later, the bios is more correct.

well my case temp dropped 10C which is totally wrong coz there is no chance its 15C... i wonder if they ever test these bioses

Ok so what is the danger zone of DIE TEMPS and what is the danger zone of SOCKET TEMPS? Currently my asus probe says 35C and I believe that bios said 53C before booting to windows and these are both at idle.

Back