• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S V2 & V1.2 fsb & Bartons Help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crull

Right now I am using a version 1.2 NF7-S with a Palamino 1900+. I don't seem to have any trouble running a stable fsb of between 200-210 Mhz. I have read all these stories about the new 200mhz Barton's and the new version 2 chipset of the NF7-S. According to the stories the new version 2 chipset on the NF7-S is the only Nforce chipset that is able to run the 200mhz Bartons stable. Does that mean my version 1.2 won't be able to run the 200 Bartons stable, even though I can run stable with a Palamino at 200fsb. I'm a little bit confused about this. Is there something about the Bartons that they can only be used with the new ver. 2 Nforce chipset? Can anyone help me with this please.

i've seen 1.2's hit 200mhz, but not much else

yes a 2.0 will hit higher FSB's but that doesnt mean thats your problem, what ram do you have?

timmyqwest said:
i've seen 1.2's hit 200mhz, but not much else

yes a 2.0 will hit higher FSB's but that doesnt mean thats your problem, what ram do you have?

Thanks for responding, but I'm not having any problems. Re-read my question. I can run over 200 fsb stable on my NF7-S ver 1.2 or so it seems with my Palamino, but will I be able to run a Barton 200fsb cpu on it as well or will the barton only run 200fsb on version 2 of the NF7-S?

Back