• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Think u have nuff heatsinks on ur 8rda? THINK AGAIN!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChimChim

I'm sure this is old news for some, but u noobie overclockers (like me ;) ) will find these thermal pictures of the epox 8rda VERY informative. Just goes to show u can't have too many heatsinks. Thanks to bubo for the contribution to all overclockers!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bubo/index.html

BTW, I think I WILL start having meetings for anyone addicted to overclocking and I WILL call it "Heatsinkers Anonymous". Being the first to join, I'll also be the president. Then I can say with pride, "I'm not only the president, I'm also a client!" :D

:eek:
Maybe, but then u can only 'test' it 10 times (20 if u include ur toes, more if u include 'other' body parts ;) ).

Man, those mosfets get SOOO hott. I have heatsinks on them and the vreg and the heatsinks get so hot you can't hold your finger on it. The SB gets hot as hell too, i got a heatsink on there and i doubt i could hold my finger it for more than second or two.

What q149 said, at 35C ambient it's nearly impossible to cool those things. I have a pin-fin heatsink on my nb with a 50mm delta fan and the heatsink is almost too hot to touch. I also have a huge section of a skived copper heatsink on the MOSFETs - which gets extremely hot despite having active cooling and 2x120mm exhaust fans right next to it.

The SB is rather easy to cool; just put a small HSF on it and it will remain near ambient.

Back