• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade to A7N8X - Problem with mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

filipcza

Registered
I upgraded my mainboard (A7V->A7N8X), and processor )1.3 GHz Athlon->2400+ XP), all is well, except my mouse, which jumps and skips, but only when my optical drives are reading data.

I checked if there is IRQ problems, but it seems that there are not. Could this be an issue with IDE-drivers? I installed the nforce2-driver pack from the included cd. Any ideas?

The machine:(No oc, yet...)
Asus A7N8X
512 Mt
2400+ XP
Maxtor 60 GB,Seagate 40 GB
Toshiba DVD-RW, LG CD-RW
Ati All-In-Wonder Radeon
Soundblaster Live Value
Target, regular mouse
Windows 2000

-Pete

What mouse are you using? I have a logitech optical that seems to have spasms every once in a while. I think it might be a problem with the usb2.0 but I can live with it till I get my other one fixed.

It's called Target. It's regular mouse with cord. I have never had problems with it before and I have had it many years.

could you try another optical mouse on your computer and see what happens? Also check for the newest drivers for the USB ports.

It's not optical, just the usual old-fashioned ball mouse with a cord.

It's not USB-mouse..it has the same kind of connection as the keyboard.

Oh then its a PS2 Mouse non optical and corded. Ive never had a problem with that. I mean with the ball there shouldnt be too much space for errors other then it being dirty.

Problem solved! Transfer mode for Ide2 was PIO, when I changed it to DMA problem went away. Boy this setting makes a HUGE difference!

Back