• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Joystick Port on the NF7's????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boostin14PSI

I just got a new rig with an abit nf7 mobo. I did not realize that it does not have a game port(to plug in joystick) and i really wanted one seeing as i have a really expensive m$ joystick. I'm fine with onboard sound on my system but is there a pci card with just a game port? I can only find them included on a new sound card.

You can probably by a game port card. Try newegg.com. You might also try your local computer show or even a place like Compusa. I have two old game port cards in my parts box, but they were made for ISA slots.

What are they called officially? I have been typing game port card everywhere and all i get are sound cards. I don't think the nf7 has an isa slot does it? J/K

if I am not mistaken dont most sound port cards have that game port card on it?.....you just gata check out pics and see if there is a slot that will work for you..:D

You could buy an adapter which will allow you to hook up your device to the computer by USB port.

See here:http://www.computerbase.co.uk/descriptions/sitecomusb2.htm

4th item in the list
---------------------------------------------
The USB to Gameport adapter can be used to connect all Gameport devices such as for example, steering wheels, joysticks or game pads via the USB port.

The adapter is equipped with a switch which enables you to change the game controller without switching off the computer. You can therefore, quickly and easily change the computer control system without having to restart the computer.

Game controller switching without restarting the computer
The control programs for the game controllers remain installed in Windows
Upto 4 control programs installed in Windows (game pad, steering wheel, joystick etc)
No additional software required

------------------------------------------------

Al

I have one also. It is called the super joy box 6 and it sucks. It wont recognize any joystick above 10 bottons. That is why am here today.

Hee Hee, first thing I ironically did notice when unpacking the Abit board was that it did not include it and I thought......hmmmmm about time they stopped includeing junk lmao. Seems like there is always a flip side to the coin......... After replaceing a joystick to a usb joystick I decided I would never go back because of the performance increase which is noticeable in reaction times ect...

Hate to bring this thread back to the top, but I was diggin around, and I found an old joystick in my closet. I was like "NICE!, I can use it in BF1942!".. then I flip my computer around, and go to plug it in.. "WHAT THE WHAT!?" No game port! :mad:

Good thing for me I have an old SBLive card around here somewhere with the plug on it. :D

can you just use a old sound card for the game port feature and dissable the sound features? im sure you can pick up a crapo sound card for under 30bucks somewhere.

Back