• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to skip the "detecting raid" screen on nf7-s??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

hmm you guys know the screen where it says detecting raid or whatever, and it hold for like 10-20 seconds then it says drive 1 not found, and drive 2 not found...

i was just wondering how i can skip that screen? on my old a7n8x board i could do this by changing a jumper, but i looked through the manual for nf7-s and nothing in there!!

can some1 please let me know how i can skip that screen? i dont plan to use raid, EVER! thnx alot, bye.

In your bios, go into integrated peripherals and then into onboard pci device. Once in there you should have the option to disable "serial ata controller." That should do it.

BTW, have you updated to the new bios, it will bring your temp readings down about 10 degrees. I noticed your at 52C and that seems a little high.

yeha i will do that in a min plz read my question int he other thread, or u can answer it here:

"do i have to backup HDD to flash bios? also do i have to set everything abck to default as in none overclocked settings?"

thnx, bye.

edit: i notice u have the 1.4beta bios? someone in the other thread recommanded me to the 1.2 bios?

No, I left it overclocked and didnt back up the hd, everything went fine. Only thing I did was remember what settings I had in the bios because when you clear the cmos after flashing they will return to default.

Good Luck!

Also, the new beta bios is the one that fixes the temp issues but it is a "beta" bios so I guess you can just wait for the final release. I just did it with the beta nad have had no problems so far, everything is running smoothe!

Last edited:
These are the things that the new beta bios fixes, this is directly from the download of the 1.4 bios from the abit site...

1. Fixed CPU temperature too high issue.
2. Raised highest CPU FSB up to 300 MHz for "user define mode" in SoftMenu.
3. Fixed SATA RAID-0 data corruption issue by adding a new option "EXT-P2P's
Discard Time" in "integrated Peripherals". The default setting is "30 us"
; which is recommended by NVidia. In case the problem is still there, try
"1 ms" please.
4. Changed DDR400 DRAM timing according to NVidia's recommendation.
5. Updated BPL to v3.01 according to NVidia's recommendation.
6. BIOS Compile Date: 5/14/2003.

Back