• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon XP2400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skydiver39

Can someone explain what the message below means? It states I am running at 133! Is that correct? If so, isn't the XP2400 a 266 fsb chip? Anyhow, thanks in advance.

Processor x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~2004 Mhz
Manufacturer: AMD
Family: ThoroughBred
Internal Clock: 2 GHz
Internal Clock Maximum: 3 GHz
External Clock: 133 MHz
Socket Designation: Socket A
Type: <unknown>
Upgrade: ZIF Socket
Capabilities: MMX, CMov, RDTSC, 3DNow!, Extended 3DNow!, SSE
Version: AMD Athlon(tm) XP

Level: 1
Capacity: 128 KB
Type: Data, Internal
Type Details: Synchronous, Pipeline Burst
Error Correction Type: <unknown>
Associativity: 4-way Set-Associative

Level: 2
Capacity: 256 KB
Type: Data, External
Type Details: Synchronous, Pipeline Burst
Error Correction Type: <unknown>
Associativity: 4-way Set-Associative
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The xp2400 is rated for 133, but that doesn't mean you cannot overclock it to 166! The 2600 and 2800 are 166FSB, as are the Bartons.

Don't forget to double the clock for DDR: 133=266, 167=333.

Your fsb directly affects the speed of your ram. Some motherboards allow you to set the frequency of your ram (which you were referring to before) and your fsb seperatly. If you don't have this option, your memory frequency is the same as your fsb. Also, anything that supports ddr ram, you have to double the fsb. 133 * 2 = 266

OK I am catching on. Here is basically what I get at post. \
200mhz in dual channel mode
Bios states FSB for cpu 133 at 7.5 x 15
i have done no overclocking since I got away from the Celerons. Well not entirely true. I ran my GE Force TI4400 at above specs and it rocked.

Not sure what you mean. Remember I am new to this stuff. HOwever, do not take newess to stupidness.....

he means 200MHz front side bus. the FSB controls how fast the cpu can access the ram. right now your proc is running stock at 133MHz fsb x 15 multi = 2GHz, but your pc3500 ram is guaranteed to run at DDR434, or at a 217MHz fsb.

okie dokie, got it and thanks for the infusion of wisdom. It helps to learn this stuff :}
Next step is to see what I can run this puppy up too. Any fans recommended that wont require any modifications that will chill the cpu down while I crank a few KHZ increases. Any suggestion as to stepping it up. Start with waht maybe and then what would be the threshold.
GOd I ask a lot of questions.....

Back