• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling Mosfets

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrashOveride

what exactly does this help with?
does it just help with having more stable voltages? could they be higher with well cooled mosfets? if my mostfets are super hot and my voltages are lower from teh mobo than PSU molex could cooling them help that? am i making any sense?

if you can help thnks:D

It should help Vcore stability especially when the CPU is very overclockable to a very high level, where the clock is 50-80% higher than rated and Vcore is 20-30% higher than rated, as a result the Icore is 2+ times as rated.

E.g. in a Tbred B 1700+ DLT3C, current at rated 1.5 V 1.467 GHz is 29.9 A (typical). When it is overclocked to 2.5 GHz at 1.9V, the active current is 2.2 time that at rated. And you can feel those 4 MOSFET (2 phase) or 6 MOSFET (3 phase) become really hot.

Passive heat sink on them with good air flow over them would definitely help stability and avoid being damaged.

Last edited:
Back