• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh Crap!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion25

Folding in memory of my dads, Tim B. & Mike B.
I ordered an 8RDA+ from Newegg. When I tried it out it was unacceptable, video streaking, etc. I also had an 8RDA+ that was fried in my possession. The frying had something to do with plugging the ATX connector into the Mobo while power was applied to the PSU. Needless to say I got an arc.

Anyway, I think I returned the wrong Mobo to Newegg. I think I sent them the fried one instead of the artifacting one.

Will this come back to haunt me? I am not trying to screw them over. I just want a properly functioning board. I accept my mistake and have already purchased an Asus A7N8X Deluxe.

So, will Newegg be able to tell that I have sent them a bum board that I did not get from them?

I don't know for sure but I do know they probably send it back to the manufacture for repairs and they would most likely scan the bar code (pulls up a history on the board and relevant information like drives ect.) and know it’s not right. So to be safe you should contact new egg and tell them you “may” have made a mistake and sent them the wrong board at witch time they may just let you switch them (if it is messed up) and return the wrong one to you as you send them the right one. Cost to you is just the shipping

i would contact them because if it is the wrong board they might think your trying to scam them and ban you from buying from them and report you for fruad:/

Thanks for the info. The last thing I am trying to do is screw Newegg. They have always been good to me!

Back