• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Now does any one know where i can buy some R-134a refridgerant?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is my understandin that r404 along with all other hydrocarbons need no liscence.
Reason they are not used in fridges and air conditioning systems is their flammability.

R134A is used in gas powered air soft guns. You might try to give that a shot... I dunno how pure it is but you may want to look into it. Many online airsoft stores carry it and your local airsoft store should have tons of it in stock too.

Green gas for airsoft is expensive.You can get r134a almost anywhere it is one of the few refrigerant that dont need a license to obtain.But its a waste of time as propane is much better for out application, and alot cheaper.

Actually r404 isn't the mother of all refrigerants.All people new to phase change think r404 is going to automatically make their system perform the greatest which is not true.R290 is perfect for starting out with, once you figure out what your doing then you can go buy an expensive refrigerant and use it instead of wasting it on learning refrigeration.

qwerty57 said:

I know your not refering to me as new?? :) I know lots

Well no I am referring to most new people who think r404 is the holy grail of all that is refrigeration.

A good refrigerant is good to have, however along with that refrigerant you need everything calibrated and put together right to take advantage of the gas. Start with propane and go from there if you dont like it.

I own a small auto dealership and bought some refrig that was to be a replacement for R12. Guess what?????

It was as explosive as a degenerate mental dude covered in gas with a newly fueled and flinted ZIPPO lighter opened up in his dirty shaking hand, from a life of booze, pills and pain!! lol

BE CAREFUL what you use and Always ask to be sure it is not flameable! R134 is cheap, safe and available almost anywhere.

B Safe and Stay Cool!

cya later and Thanx to all here for a great place to come and learn and discuss our fav subjects.:cool:

Last edited:
Back