• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any one Seen this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rosieox

Registered
HELP!!!! Any one Seen this?

I've done searchs haven't found anything like this. I've had my settings good and stable for about a week. I went to shut down last night everything worked fine, then I noticed it powered back up. No post nothing. So I tried to reset, nothing. Tried to push and hold the power button, nothing.

When I say nothing, I mean the fans are all running, the lights on the hard drive is on, the light on the secondary IDE drive (CDRW), is on, the board is posting "FF" with everything running. I've tried resetting the CMOS, didn't work. When I turn off the power switch in the back, the power goes off. Then when I turn it back on, same thing, powers up but it's not running through the normal power up sequence, i.e., the cycleing the drive lights, power to monitor, etc.... I tried turning off the power switch, unplugging the main power plug, reset CMOS, replug in the power cord, turn the power back on, same thing?????? WTF!!!! No matter how long I hold the front power switch down, it won't power off.

Is it possible that one of my IDE drives is fukin up my start up, or the power supply crapping out? Hopefully it's not the MB, just bought it.

Right now I have it unplugged at home. Won't be able to look at it until I get home this afternoon, just was looking for some suggestions as to where to start. Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
I dunno, but my new 8RGA+ did the same thing after a random restart, it locked on that dam FF code without going thru the sequence. Clearing cmos, removing the battery overnite did nothing. RMA it back to newegg and the 2nd one i get was DOA :mad:

I hate to say it, but could be the bios is toast :(

Turns out it was the PSU. I had an extra lying around and it worked fine, (300w :eek: ), was enough to run at stock settings. I ran out and bought an Antec. Everything is now working fine.

Weird, when the bad PSU was not connected, I was getting 12.4v, 5.2v, 3.4v, there were a couple dead lines, but don't know enough about all the connecters to know if they were suppost to be dead. But would not work connected at all. When I hooked up the 300w, it fired right up.

Back