• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X stoped working over nothing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadzone

I've been having problems with this board since my second RMA came back. When i change something in the BIOS it wont save the settings and i have to turn off and on a couplke of times to get the changes work. Last sunday i was using the computer
( having upgraded the bios to the latest during the week ) and i started to play a little with the FSB since now its default was 200 and could reach it without any problems, so i set it to 200x10
( my cpu is tbred B 1700 ) and everything worked ok. I did some Prime 95 but after a few minutes the pc frozen, so i reset it enter the bios and changed the setting. All over again i thought i had to do the same thing off and on, but it stays the same way and no POST, i changed memory, flashed the bios, changed video card nad nothing no POST, the PC does turn on but nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

nop, no sound no beep. nothing. The strangest thing is that same thay another PC of mine stoped working the same way, no POST, no beep nothing.

Welcome to the A7N8X. Once you get a good OC and it's running good, never turn it off :) Thats what i done to solve the flakey board problems

This really sucks, this will be the third time i send my board to ASUS, and they even care because they should send me a new v2.0 or a deluxe for all the S&*(^T i have to go trought!!!!

Back