• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking my new computer !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Blazer

My new computer is finally put together (with a lot of help from Creeper22). :cool:

It's my first water cooled rig (which is far from being the nicest one on earth) and it's working fine... for now... My temps are between 35C and 42C. I don't expect that to be good numbers, but it's good enough for me. :D

I have overclocked it to 1.9 GHz but, I can't reach 2.0 GHz, since the computer won't post at the normal voltage (had to clear the CMOS and stuff...). BTW, is 1.9GHz at normal voltage good ?

So, here's my simple question: How should I increase voltage (don't answer "go in the bios", I know that) ? And how should I test the stability (I'm sure you people have a few nifty programs).

Right now, I'm really happy with my NF7-S v2.0.

PS: Is my sig too big (hope not) ?

yeah try 1.7 anything below 1.75 could hurt if you keep your temps at bay ( hehe which you do)

Voltage and temp maxes are really opinions. I mean AMD says they can go to 80C max but I havent found 1 retard yet who actually ran their chip to that point...

Most people say 1.85 is the 'limit' for tbredbs but... again its your call. I personally am happy with 2 ghz so 1.6 volts is the highest I'm willing to go.

the new dlt3c seem to behave differently from the older xp's. they love voltage upto around 1.8v. but after that you enter the realms of diminishing returns and likley cpu-failure.

I'd stay under 1.8 with the dlt3c - asuming the cooling is up to the job. But, your temps are rather bad for water cooling (though they are not "bad" temp's). You can see my idle and load temps in my sig - thats with a 10-15cfm fan on an slk-800.
Rocko[DPC] said:
Voltage and temp maxes are really opinions. I mean AMD says they can go to 80C max but I havent found 1 retard yet who actually ran their chip to that point...
Some people have done it and survived. Other havnt been so lucky. my old pally didnt even like 48c. it crashed every single time it got near that temp lol.

Last edited:
I already flashed the bios (look at my sig). It's more like -7C or -8C. It also make a lot more sense when I check the temp in the bios on a (very) cold boot. The new temps are way more realistic.

I know very well why my temp are not very good for water cooling, it's because I was aiming at a very small and quiet system. I might post pictures someday so WC fanatics can have an heart attack. ;)

Still, it's better and more silent than most air cooled solution. I'm please with my first WC system.

BTW, it's currently using a 120mm 24 volt Panaflow fan (running at 12 volt), and I'm wondering if I could somehow run it at 24v (or at least higher than 12v). Is this possible ?

Back