• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SL-75FRN2-L Vdimm mod question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adonis

Registered
I have a Soltek SL-75FRN2-L. I'm running at 215MHz fsb with a 11x multi.

Is there any way to do a Vdimm mod to get 3 volts to the memory? I think that's my limiting factor, the board only allows 2.8 volts, and I know my memory will handle more.

Have you tried relaxing the timings? I find it hard to believe the memory is what's holding you back considering it's one of the best..

Might also be your CPU multi. Have you tried lowering it to 10x and upping the FSB?

I do 12 x 200, and I'm fine with that. I haven't tried higher because I don't care to. I'm sure I have more room though..

I suggest using

THIS link, as you'll find a lot more information about this sweet board, which has become almost impossible to find due to them shutting down USA operations.

Thanks for the info. I do run the mem. timing pretty tight (2.0,2,2,5), Sandra gives me over 3200/3000 MB/s bandwidth.

I was just hoping I could improve FSB through mem voltage.

Multi doesn't seem to matter, 215 is about max stable.

I have to agree with mattspalace, I would not think it's your memory, I have ocz3200 not matched and I am running them @6 3 3 2 and the bandwidth I have in sandra is 3386/3172 @219 fsb x 10.5 I tightened the timmings and got a lower bandwidth, so you might try that first, as I have not seen anyone else trying to mod the vdimm with this board.

Back