• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best AMD Micro ATX motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deptmaster

I'm building a media computer to hook up to the tv. I already ordered the coolermaster atc 620 from directron but I need a Micro ATX board to fit in there.

I was thinking about going with the Chaintech 7NIF2 because of the intergrated video and tvout but I've to kick down alittle more and pickup a used/refurbed G3 ti200 or ti500 somewhere so integrated video isn't important.

I havent really be reading up on the new nforce boards and there are to many northbridges (IGP,SPP, and now Ultra 400?) and southbridge chips for me to keep track of.

I know i want the dual ddr, sand storm audio, intergrated ethernet, usb2 and I want something very stable. I don't care about intergrated video, firewire, or serial ata as I don't see a need for any of those right now.

Somene, anyone please help me.
Ian

Any reasons why?
Im not digging the cherry red color

I've been looking into it alittle more but it seems the only nforce micro atx boards out there all use the Crush 18G chipset haven't seen one with the 18D or the Ultra 400.
Anyone seen a micro atx board with the KT400A chipset?

Edit:

Well I think i found out why you suggested the Biostar board, it's not usually the name i go with but it's the only mATX board with the Nvidia APU.

Last edited:
mbekkali said:

I have this board in my 2nd rig. It is very stable and runs well. The only downfall is there is practically no overclocking tweaks. I say practically because I really haven't spent much time fooling with it. I think it may not overclock at all.

It is a nice board though. Boots quick, no hiccups. I run mine on a 115watt psu, 1900, 1-hdd and 1-cdrw.

someone else here also has one.

zachj has this board too.

Back