• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big difference between KT400 and Nforce2???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

azehof

Registered
My computer is in a real mess at the mo and needs some attention. I currently own 2x256mb 3700DDR and 2x256mb 2100DDR sticks, and was looking at replacing my current 8RDA+ with an Abit KT400 chipset board, because it'll let me use all my sticks of mem, which'll come to a GIG of RAM. But I'm dicing wheather it'll be worth the move, as will I lose alot of performance over the chipset difference?

I would not go with a KT400. They are decent overclockers, but if you want good stability at high FSB and clock speeds, I would recomend the nForce2 boards. THey aren't that much more expensive, and for the overclockability, I would say they are worth it.

Everything I am reading suggests that NF2, especially the latest steppings NF2 400 'ULTRA', are the way to go for stability and OC potential. The regular NF2 400 is supposed to be a 'budget' chipset to compete with the VIA chipsets. Careful, b/c it runs on a 64bit bus versus 128bit bus of the ULTRA.

HTH...

u most likely won't even ba able to tell teh idfference b/w 768 and 1 gig of ram, i've heard most say they can't even tell b/w 512 and 1 gig

dude I am currently running 1 gig (2x512) of 2700 muskin at 185(370) in dual channel and I would much rather be running some 3700 at 225(450) in dual channel a gig aint gunna be a big deal I garunteeeeee :D.....unless you do alot of photoshop stuff......and a ton of rendering or something :D

Back