• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

400 fsb on rev1.04

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aron1234

Registered
Does the new bios released for the A7n8x support 400 fsb bus i was a bit confused but i think it does. and im not talking about overclocking i mean with a barton proccessor that supports a 400mhz FSB.

Last edited:
found this so looks as though it does

: : New BIOS for A7N8X Series to Upgrade to Athlon XP 3200+ with 400 FSB

Current owners of ASUS A7N8X series motherboards are in luck. ASUS now offers a new BIOS for these popular motherboards, based on PCB 1.06 or earlier version, to support AMD's latest Athlon XP 3200+ with 400MHz FSB. Download the BIOS from

A7N8X series motherboards based on the PCB 2.0 support the Athlon XP 3200+ and 400MHz right out of the box.

New BIOS for A7N8X Motherboard

New BIOS for For A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard

ASUS Motherboard CPU Support List

Note:
-The new BIOS is not compatible with A7N8X series motherboards with PCB 2.0.
-PCB versions are printed clearly next to the model name between the PCI slots.

:) :D

Only works on some boards. I have a rev 1.04 and I can't make it into windows at 200 even though I've clocked the cpu down to default via multiplier.

TC said:
Only works on some boards. I have a rev 1.04 and I can't make it into windows at 200 even though I've clocked the cpu down to default via multiplier.

Try slowing down memory timing. Try adding arctic silver under the NB heatsink. Try adding a heatsink to the SB. You sure you got PC3200? You set the FSB/RAM to 100 % sync? Try changing the FSB jumper on the mobo to 100 MHz instead of 133.

I have a 1.04 and it runs 200 MHz FSB since I got it, on 1001.G, 1002.1 and now 1004.

Done all of those things - the system will only run 200 if I put a fan on the northbridge. My point is that Asus is calling this a fix for stock boards, and few stock boards will run 200 in single channel, let alone dual channel.

Im not talking about overclocking a chip thats not meant to be running at 400mhz im talking about proper barton 400 mhz fSB chips has anyone tested them.

The only thing different about a barton that's being sold as a "400" is the multiplier. If the board can't run 200 fsb the chip isn't going to make any difference.

TC said:
The only thing different about a barton that's being sold as a "400" is the multiplier. If the board can't run 200 fsb the chip isn't going to make any difference.

TC has a valid point. They did up the multi to achieve a higher speed.

Back