• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I install nforce2 ide driver?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hawkeye_wx

I was previously running my system with a soyo via motherboard. I now have an Abit NF7-S nforce2 mobo. I am running winxp sp1. How do I install the nforce2 IDE driver so I can get into windows? I was told I had to reinstall winxp and install the driver Abit gave me on cd at the beginning of the winxp setup process. However, when I press F6 to install a third party mass storage driver, there is no way I can get the nforce2 ide driver from the cd to the hard drive. It asks for the driver diskette and won't accept any driver cd. I copied the IDE driver folder from the cd to a diskette, but then it wants the txtsetup.oem file from the cd. That file is for installing the SATA raid driver. What's the deal with this mess and how do I solve it?

I did a repair install of winxp. Once the winxp setup finished copying files and installing windows, it rebooted and proceeded to load winxp. Then I got a blue screen that said "windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer... check for memory problems, etc.". Any idea why it is running into an error?

Back