• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

150FSB on the A7v8x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BoB NaPaLm

Hi.

I just recently unlocked the multipliers on my processor and tried some overclocking. Now In the bios whenever i go to 150FSB or over it gives me a message in the right pane about the memory running faster or some ********...anyway it also sets the memory speed thingy to default and the board doesn't boot.

Anyone have any ideas on what is going on?

well what multiplier are you using and does it work with that multiplier at higher or lower fsb's. what bios are you using?Maby your cpu is still holding you back? the memory should run nsynce after 150 fsb all the way up to 199fsb i belive is what the bios means.

Well basically the default multiplier is 12.5 and the fsb is 133.
When I start to take the fsb up the ram speed bit also starts to go up...so say it was 400ddr it would go 413ddr etc (made up).

Then when I hit the 150 fsb the bios says some strange message about running ram higher/lower than fsb or summit....I shall check the message again in a bit. When this message pops up, the ram speed section reverts to default ie instead of saying something like 426etc.

Then it simply does not work. I shall try flashing to the latest bios today and try it out again...I prolly got some settings wrong knowing me :rolleyes:

first of all, if your cpu is unlocked youl have to lower the multiplier to around 11 at most probaly cause that cpu probaly doesnt have a lot of extra headroom. try it at 166fsb just to start it off because thats were the board should run the MOST stable although mine is stable at 190, not every board is. also you need to raise the v-core arounf 10% from default. maby lower the ram timings in the begening untill you reach your goal. i have heard some of the palys wouldnt hit high stable fsb's no mater what. ive got one sitting in a box as a spare, since i bought my new one.

Hi guys thanks for the help.

After flashing the bios it seems to have sorted everything out. I simply upped the FSB to 166 and the mult to 10 or so and worked my way slowly up to 11 x 166. Also raised voltages on the vcore to about 1.8...need to use that overvolt jumper next I think :). I then got bored and and left it stress testing overnight. I shall see where I get it to today sometime.

Again thanks for the help :)
Damn Nforce2 mobos are easier to overclock :( even though their bios is a bit more tempremental.

I get that same message... it means nothing.. I just sees you run at a fsb that isnt 133 or 166 and it has to say that for the idiots who dont know what they are doing.

In our case... we know what we do when we overclock... just ignore the msg. It doesnt mean your hurting anything.

I have my fsb on my a7v8x at 185. I can get to 189... but not very stable NorthBridge gets to hot.

Yeah but nforce2 is nice they have the lock pci/agp feature... but they arnt a whole tone faster than the kt400. Im very pleased with my a7v8x so far.

yeah other than the agp/pci lock and the manual memory divisor settings, the kt400 is a good board. I also prefer the layout of the board etc which is why I got it.

IR1 said:
In our case... we know what we do when we overclock... just ignore the msg. It doesnt mean your hurting anything.

I have my fsb on my a7v8x at 185. I can get to 189... but not very stable NorthBridge gets to hot.

IR1,

I'm about to purchase an a7v8x, athlon xp2400 and 512mb pc2700. I'd like to achieve an FSB of 333. Where should I start, considering the fact that both mb and xp2400 are fsb 266?

'Thanks in advance.

Mito

Back