• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Online Transactions Query

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eclypsyr

Just a question, but should a company really bill a credit card before the shipment goes out. I ordered last Thursday, the site said it would be 24-72 hours before it shipped...I was okay with it because it was a good price. Still not having any word of shipping, I call them up today and ask about it, they assue me that its going out tomorrow and I've been upgraded to 2nd day. I say okay and hang up. A little later I call back because I want to cancel the order and go with a more respectable site, and I ask them if my card has been billed and they said it already HAS been billed but they are positive that it will ship tomorrow.

Does it sound to anyone else like I'm gonna get screwed somewhere?

Jon

(also: I thought I had looked it up on resellerratings, but it must have been a different site b/c this one is like a 4. somthing)

[EDIT]
I wouldn't be wondering yet normally, its just that its $240 for a digi cam

Last edited:
Almost all the sites I have used immediately bill your credit card as soon as you place an order. However, a reputable site should allow you to cancel your order without too much hassle. You might be a bit leery because if they promise 24-72 hours shipping, your item should already be en route.

Stool is correct the the minute you click the confirm order button an authorization has been put on your credit card, the authorization is there to simply make sure enough funds are available. If they have there software set to auto capture then it will take an additional 2 days for the merchant to get the money.

Problems usually occur when the address (AVS) doesn't match and the transaction gets declined, the authorization is still there and for several days it looks like you have been charged...

Anyway I would keep on at the vendor to see if they do pull through, it seems to me that they do not keep stock of the product and just purchase one when they get an order for one (which is slightly worrying), then again if they answer the phone atleast you have a way to get in touch with them.

I finally got my cam, but I needed to bug them quite a bit about it, and it still arrived late. Oh well, it seems to be in fine condition right now. The thing is, I never got an e-mail confirmation for ANYTHING, and they NEVER responded to my e-mails. So I guess, shop @ Protek if you don't worry about things, but I wouldn't again.

Jon

Back