• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else done silly like i?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markedmundb

<VENT MODE>

One of the RAM retention tabs snapped when I was trying to move my temporary stick of 'vanilla' ram to replace with a stick of twinX.

Where I got it from say they wont replace it. But they'll send it back to the manufacturer for repair under warranty. Then in another email they say that I voided warranty by snapping the lug, what gives?

The board was three days old! I should know what I'm doing (I now work as IT tech, building & servicing PCs, amongst other stuff).

Methinks Abit have used cheaper RAM slots to lower prod costs, the plastic was the brittle type that'll snap easy!!!

</VENT MODE>

Sorry, but I'm a bit down, p/s2ed off & tired at the mo! I spend £95 on an Nf7-S and three days later it's dead, and the place I bought it from say we'll do you a favour in returning it to the manufacturer, which may take 4 - 6 weeks. p/s2 taking basteds!

Anyone else think that the plastic of the RAM lugs is a wee bit brittle on the NF7-S vers2?

Let that be a lesson to you all. Be extra careful when removing the RAM from your NF7 vers2 boards...

Back