• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I lost my Tbred-B & NF&-S O/C top end

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I lost my Tbred-B & NF7-S O/C top end

I think I cooked either the CPU or mobo somehow.

I've been running stable at 1.65v/200/2200 @ 44c/54c and I decided I didn't like the temp on my CPU so I shutdown and went into the BIOS setup to back it off.

Made my changes like two dozen times before and the warning screen about not powering down until the BIOS is saved to CMOS came and went as usal. Then nothing... Reset = nothing... Front switch won't shut it off either.

So I use the CMOS jumper to clear it and it boots but at slow defaults. Back into setup and I backed off some more. Nothing again. :(

Reset CMOS and try again. Nada.

Finally I'm up to 1.55v/182/2000 @ 25c/39c/46c and stable (I think). After another failed attempt at 200/2000 I had a close call on corrupting the HD as w2k was able to fix it but just barely.

I used to hold 200/2000 at stock voltage. Now it won't hold at 1.6v. :cry:

I think the several times that Vantek TMD fan wouldn't start up and the 85c CPU overtemp protection of the mobo was forced into action might have been the straw that broke my CPU.

BTW I reflashed the BIOS first thing so that's not the issue.

did it beeep? cause mine did i got scared when i was testing temps and it auto shutdown saying temps to hot or what not.... then try to boot and it wouldnt so i just waited a while before i try booting it up again and it work =D maybe it could work for you

vietp13 said:
did it beeep? cause mine did i got scared when i was testing temps and it auto shutdown saying temps to hot or what not.... then try to boot and it wouldnt so i just waited a while before i try booting it up again and it work =D maybe it could work for you

It goes off like a European police siren. Scarey is an understatement.

Audioaficionado said:

It goes off like a European police siren. Scarey is an understatement.

i get that sound when i try to go anything above 207 FSB, dont know whats its for thou!

what causes ur board to make that sound?

I don't know what exactly changed but it won't even save any aggressive BIOS settings so I have to use the CMOS reset to even post for another attempt. It used to always at least post even if windows didn't load.

It was stable at 1.65v/200/2200 but I didn't like the 55c temps with summer on the way. After I went in and slowed it down to 1.6v/200/2000 it wouldn't post. I finally got it to hold 1.55v/182/2000/45c.

arnoldma said:

i get that sound when i try to go anything above 207 FSB, dont know whats its for thou!

what causes ur board to make that sound?

It's an alarm telling you to back off before you burn up something.

It's saved my CPU four times when my Vantek TMD fan stalled on startup. I've got an RMA in process but I'll hve to shutdown for a week while the part gets here.

There's got to be a better way to do this.

Maybe just pay Excaliber for a new one and then they can just credit my CC after they get the old one back.

Back