• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

basic guide to pelt coolin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlucardCasull

i want to get a pelt for my computer, its running way to hot, so i got some noob questions.
1. could i use a pelt with air cooling? Im running a volcano 7+ but it kinda sucks, im thinking of getting a slk 900u later, but the ques stil stands, would i have to get wc to use a pelt? If i cant run a plet without gettin WC, dont worry about the other questions.
2. How powerful a pelt should i get? im running a xp 2600+ but i will be overclocking.
3a. Powering, can i modify one of my 300w PSU's to work as a second psu just for the pelt? Make it so it doesnt run threw the mbo so i could turn it on or off.
3b. Would i be able to add a nob so as to lessen wattage coming out so i can turn down the fan speed?
Thats all i can think of,. if there is something i havent covered, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Alright.

1. No you cannot use a pelt with air cooling effectively. If you really want the pelt to show its true power get watercooling.

There are all your questions :)

There is the thermaltake subzer04g and it is a pelt on an air cooled unit. It does about on par with a good air cooling system but costs as much as a nice watercooling system.

Bottom line is if you want to get good results for overclocking you will need to get watercooling for the peltier.

Back