• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help w/ mobo decision

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sketchie

heard everyone elses opinion, I'd like yours. been leaning towards the asus a7n8x board, but the soltek SL 75FRN2 is now looking good too. I want over clocking options, mostly want performance tho. in the past I have leaned more towards stability and have been quite happy with epox. too many reviews, too many benchmarks, so I cant decide anymore.....

whats the difference between the SL 75FRN2 and the SL 75FRN2L?

Last edited:
I have a Soltek board and I'd take it over the asus any day. You get many options for overclocking in the bios, and the price is unbeatable. You might want to hurry on a decision though, because I heard soltek might stop selling their boards in the USA
:(

thanx, going order my board this coming friday (payday) and I just heard from one more person thats had issue with asus, and to top that it was a replacment rma. didnt even have it a day.

SL-75MRN-L

:) Had to RMA the first one with googlegear. Got the new one and easy as pie to set up. Set jumper on board to 166 and CMOS fsb 133 and got 1700MHz with Athalon XP 2000+ B core, downgraded 2600. Set fsb to 166 and got 2166Mhz no sweat. CPU runs 40 to 48F depending on ambient temp, one 80mm case exaust fan. Fast enough for me and thus far stable, so I'll leave well enough alone.

What's this about SOLTEK not selling boards in the USA? Their boards got rave reviews and thought they were going for the jugglar of the other big board boys. OldBird

Benched?

Brother, I must be honest and tell you I have no idea what "benching" is. I figure the experts who review and test the boards do all that for us and I read their reviews and go from there. I'm a senior citizen who likes computers and built a couple and have had great success with the ASUS A7N8X and the Soltek. Not into OC'ing or heavy gaming. Way I see it it would be hard to chose one board over the other. I come here to read what the pros have to share and learn and enjoy this site a lot.

All I know is I got the components in a pile and followed Tomshardware assembley instructions and put it all together and it worked! Whee! My butt was then sore for two days from me kicking it for buying store bought all those years throwing away money. Man oh man, are those strore boughts a royal rip-off or what?

I know how diffucult it making a decision which board to get is and I commend you for doing your homework before you throw down your hard earned cash. IMHO you'll be happy with either one. Bottom line, YOU go for the one YOU determine to be the best to meet your needs. Good luck wif' da' new box! OldBird

Well if it helps any at all I just ordered this board today. I was in the same boat as you, so I just said ***** it and got it, finally made a decision , and honestly after a good month of research I know I made the right choice:D

welp, I wound up not going with either one of these board and ordered from newegg.com the ABIT NF7-S . will arrive on friday with my new ram and power supply.

I havent done any overclocking as of yet, but am about to begin. and everything I've read on this abit board was great.
It also benched better then the asus board and the soltek board.

Yo' new MoBo.

I'm certain yor made a prudent decision and you got your Karma Confidence right for that particular board. Go for it, have a ball building it and let us know how it works out. OldBird

Back